Trimble Nomad 5 handheld is a fully-rugged mobile computer powered by an Android 8.1 operating system. Purpose-built for ease of use and flexibility in an all-in-one versatile package, it’s the ideal tool for accurate GIS data collection, asset management, and field inspection tasks for the professional field worker.
The Trimble Nomad 5 handheld will support the latest versions of Trimble TerraFlex software, Trimble Penmap for Android software, and the Trimble Catalyst™ software-based GNSS receiver.
The Trimble® Nomad® 5 handheld; the reliable, easy-to-use, and ultra-rugged field computer with a 5-inch sunlight-readable touch screen and a Trimble EMPOWER module bay for added flexibility. It is the ideal tool for accurate GIS data collection, asset management, and field inspection tasks.
Trimble Nomad 5 Key Features
- Trimble EMPOWER Platform: Delivering a flexible, versatile, field solution that is scalable for future needs.
- 5-inch high-brightness touchscreen: The perfect handheld display, indoors and out.
- 4G LTE mobile data, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth® 4.2: Reliable high-speed wireless connectivity on the go, when and where you need it.
- Powered by Android 8.1: Industry-leading usability and access to an ecosystem of over one million mobile apps through the Google Play Store.
- Trust Trimble: Trimble stands by the quality of its products with a full 2-year factory warranty, paid options to extend that coverage to up to a total of five years, access to professionally trained service technicians, and comprehensive technical support, anywhere in the world.
Easy to use
- Powered by familiar, intuitive Android™ 8.1 operating system
- Google Mobile Services certified to run Google core applications and services to suit your workflow
- Responsive touchscreen for a consistent and user-friendly operating experience
- Bright 5-inch display for easy viewing of data, maps, and photos in direct sunlight or shadow
- Access professional workflows for data collection, visualization, and communication in the field using Trimble TerraFlex™ or Trimble Penmap® for Android™ software, or third-party apps such as Esri’s Collector for ArcGIS® mobile software
Flexible, versatile, productive
- Features an expansion slot to attach an interchangeable, user-replaceable Trimble EMPOWER module* for customized workflows with one device
- Tracks GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou constellations as well as SBAS augmentation systems to improve real-time accuracy
- Achieves sub-meter positioning when paired with the Trimble R1 GNSS receiver or the Trimble EMPOWER GNSS receiver module that support Trimble RTX™ corrections technology for real-time accuracy nearly anywhere in the world
- Pair with the Trimble Catalyst™ software GNSS receiver or Trimble R2 GNSS receiver when high-accuracy positioning is paramount
- Communicate between the field and office via integrated 4G LTE cellular connectivity to share, receive and collaborate on data in real-time for efficient job completion and faster time to deliverable for your clients
- *EMPOWER modules currently available: a sub-meter GNSS receiver; a barcode imager; and a barcode imager and UHF RFID reader.
Reliable and dependable
- Certified to meet rigorous MIL-STD-810G military standards for drops and vibration to keep your data safe
- Reliably work in the toughest conditions with an IP-65 and IP-68 environmental rating for water and dust ingress
- Operate longer in the field with a high-capacity, all day user-replaceable battery that provides continuous use in any temperature
- Input data with ease, even when wearing gloves, using the tactile programmable hard keys and stylus
- Capture high-resolution images with the asset, event, or site information using the rear-facing camera, and hold face-to-face discussions on the job site via apps such as Skype with the front-facing camera
Why Choose Trimble Nomad 5?
The Nomad 5 can be used in nearly any industry but it’s ideal for people working in the field because it’s drop, dust resistant, and rugged. If you work outside in all weather conditions, you’ll appreciate that the screen works perfectly in the rain. Other applications we recommend this rugged handheld for include: warehouses, transport yards, delivery vehicles, production lines, and retailers.
Need a device that can be used all day without charging? Trimble claims the 3200mAh removable battery included with the Nomad 5 provides up to 10 hours depending on display setting, connectivity, data processing, etc. With an optional second battery, you can warm swap batteries which means the Nomad 5 can be used heavily on shifts without running out of juice.
- GNSS Accuracy: 2-4 m
- Operating System: Android 8.1
- Screen Size: 12.7 cm / 5″
- Screen Type: Color multi-touch
- Used With: TerraFlex, Penmap for Android, Esri Collector
- Satellites: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, SBAS
- Processor: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Data Storage: 32 GB
- Battery Life: Up to 10.5 hours
- Ruggedness: Withstands 1.8 m / 6 ft drop
- Integrated Camera: 8MP front, 16MP rear with flash
- Environmental: IP68 (Dustproof) & IP65 (Waterproof)
- (1) Trimble Nomad 5 handheld computer with Android 8.1
- (1) Battery pack
- (1) AC Power adapter/charger
- (1) Stylus and tether
- (1) Accessory screwdriver
- (1) USB Type-C data cable
- (1) Documentation
- (1) Glass screen protector
- (1) Hand-strap kit
- (1) Nomad 5 Pistol Grip Trigger Handle Accessory
- (1) Nomad 5 Shoulder Carry Sling Shoulder Strap
- (1) Nomad 5 Glass Screen Protector Film